Saturday 9 January 2010

I promise there is still more to come!!

Oly Otya!!

I've been back in the States for 3 days, but to be honest today was the first day I didn't nap- hey it's 20:40 and I'm still up, that has to count for something.

I've started to go through my photographs...there's a lot, over 2,000. So far I've decided about 300 are good for viewing..I also have to tell you all about rafting the Nile, meeting Bernie (who's actually Ernie) and my flight home and interactions with a few Ugandans from Kampala while flying home.

Since I've been home, I've been working through all the emotions, you go through after traveling to a third world country and having such a pivotal experience, the main thing that keeps circulating, is how can I still be involved and how soon can I go back...

Thank you thank you to all of you who have followed along, kept me in your thoughts and prayers during the months of December and January...other than two MINOR vehicle issues (dead battery at Murch Falls and a flat tire on our way back to Kampala) our trip was flawless, no illnesses and no injuries (as long as you don't count the wicked bruises I got from rafting the Nile). A very deep and heartfelt thank you.

Stay tuned!!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Rafting bruises? That's a good sign! Let's see some photos of that. Rafting and bruise photos.
    Also, my photography exhibit has been extended through January!
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete