Sunday 25 April 2010

TSA at PHX

TSA you slay me almost every time I fly.

I fly 2 to 10 times a month, in and out of various airports across the country.

My favorite is when you’re going through security and you have a few TSA employees barking over and over again “take out your liquids. They need to be in a plastic bag. Nothing over 3 oz. can go through security. If you don’t take out your liquids you could be delayed further”. You know the last time I put all my liquids in a baggy and took them out of my carry on luggage….2 years ago. I don’t travel with any liquids over 3 oz because those are actually easy for TSA to spot. I do have eye drops in one bag, copious tubes of lip gloss in about 14 different spots, hand crème at the bottom of my bag, Neosporin in another spot…you get the picture.

Today going through PHX they are barking the same liquid rhetoric, I once again do not do anything special with my liquids. I do pull out my laptop in it’s security friendly case where I do keep an iphone cord and my wireless card in there. Note: 1 in every 10 flights someone from TSA may actually tell me my bag is no longer “friendly” because I have said contraband cords in my bag. Today was one of those days, so I had to pull the cords out and drop them in the bin. In the process I’m being sassy to the TSA lady saying, it’s one in every 10 flights TSA says anything to me….she says “well it took PHX TSA to do something about it” Her counterpart says “it should make us feel good we enforced the rules”….UH HUH….

Meanwhile my bags go through security liquids in all their various spots in my carry on, along with my box cutter I keep in my office supply bag….and no one says a thing…

Way to do your job PHX TSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment