Sunday 27 July 2008

Am I Nervous? Excited? A little bit of both.

I leave in less than 24 hours and I'm ready to go! I have both of my suitcases zipped and by the door....yes I said "both". I really wanted to only pack one bag, but I was asked by a few people to bring some things over to Beijing and then I added somethings to the mix and now I have 2 bags. However, the 2nd bag has stuff that will be consumed along the way and will leave be used for souvenirs to bring back. Or I can leave the bag, it originally was purchased when I was in Thailand two years ago when I shopped my head off. I can only imagine Beijing and Bali aren't going to be any better.

I'm both excited and nervous. Looking forward to landing in Shanghai and making my way to my flight to Beijing. I'm the last of our team to arrive and they are all going to dinner at 8:00, so I'll be looking forward to getting to the hotel asap, so I can meet everyone.

Today when I was finishing up my errands I saw the perfect quote on a church reader board "All People Smile in the Same Language". I thought that was an appropriate reminder as I head to China tomorrow- when in doubt just "smile and nod".

hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment