Friday 18 July 2008

Let me get this right, did you say there is a SLIDE at the Great Wall of China?

Last night I was on a conference call with the people I'll be working with in China and it was mentioned that our signature event will be at the Mutinayu section of the Great Wall. Mutinayu is about 90 minutes from Beijing and is supposed to be a less touristy area of the Great Wall. 

On the 30th of July our team is headed up there to check out the wall and get a lay of the land for our signature event that we will do 4 times during the course of the Olympics. Our Account Manager says yes you can take the Gondola or the Slide down the Wall...I'm sorry what did you say a "SLIDE?". Tell me exactly how LONG is this SLIDE? Having the nickname "nancy drew" for excellent internet research I google "Slide Great Wall" and this is what I found:


Yes that's right folks a friggin toboggan like metal slide that appears to run for miles and miles and miles. Which route do think I'll take back down the Great Wall!?!?  :) And yes I do have travel medical insurance....

Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment