Monday 4 August 2008

GreatWalldelayedblog

Nihao!

Last night I arrived to Beijing (which would be your Tuesday Morning) safe and sound. I met the team for a late dinner and was prepared to turn in for the night. When somebody mentioned “massage”, boy did my ears perk up. As some of you know I’m a bit of a massage whore, so I jumped at the chance. We headed to Dragonfly at 9:45pm to get foot massages it was a nice treat after a long day of flying!

This morning we all piled into a mini coach and headed to Mutinayu (a section of the Great Wall). I snapped some great photos. The whole time I kept thinking “I can’t believe I’m standing on the frigging Great Wall of China”. It totally did not sink in! It’s a really big wall. We got dropped off in a parking lot and then you walk up a path to the Gondola ride. It’s kinda like walking up to Tulum, Doi Suthep or any other landmark where people can sell you trinkets. They were selling hats, t-shirts, bags, magnets, statues of Mao, Buddha, your photo in front of the great wall on a mug, postcards, fruits and nuts etc. I heard a lot of “Hey Lady-you buy banana”. I didn’t have the heart to tell them bananas would be the LAST thing I’d be buying at the Great Wall. We rode the Gondola up to the top and then traipsed around the Wall for about an hour. It was a heck of a workout. We then rode the Great Wall Slide back down the side of the mountain. That thing was AWESOME! And it only made it better since it wasn’t in the US! That thing would be so regulated, helmets, waivers, blah blah blah. I think one of my friends shot video on my camera so I’ll post the video at some point.

We then did a quick site visit of this village area we will be doing an event at, headed to lunch and then back to the hotel. We have a lot to do before all the PAX (attendees) arrive onsite next week.

May get another massage tonight and then lights out, I hope to sleep through the night tonight!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment