Friday 29 August 2008

Is it Really over!?!?

I'm sitting at the JAL (Japan Airlines) Business Lounge in Shock.....I can't believe it's over....Wow this past month went fast! I have so much to tell you all and don't know when I'll get the chance to write about it.

I know I've mentioned it before but the past month was very very special. It's amazing how well our Clients, the hotel staff, and our team all got along so well. We will all be suffering from Post Olympics Blues. We had 3 parties this week. On Monday night we took our 22 local staff out for a HOT POT dinner and then Karoake. For those of you that don't know what Hot Pot is, it's like Chinese Fondue...a big boiling bowl one half is a spicy broth and the other side is a mild broth. The servers then bring in all sorts of rare meat to be boiled and then you pull it out with your chopsticks.....items we had for dinner included and I'm not kidding you: Mutton (which is Lamb...yummy), Ox Stomach, Pig air pipe, and Duck Guts...yes that's right Duck Guts...I was sitting next to my new buddy Jan (she's from San Diego) and we were laughing our asses off and drinking a lot of beer to choke down our new entrees. Nothing was BAD it just wasn't GOOD. But I tried it all! JD another Senior Staff (from Australia) had made an awesome "yearbook" (photos compliled from the month) and put together for all of us to sign and keep. What a treasure!! He did an amazing job on it!!

Tuesday night was the final party for all of the staff who worked for the company I was hired by, there were like 400 people there. Team H (my team) was the only team that had everyone we worked with along with our client on the dance floor until 2:00am.

I have so many photographs to share as well. I'm cutting this short because I need to go grab a bite before I board the plane.

I'm heading to Narita, Japan for the night and then to Bali tomorrow. Looking very forward to the beaches and the rice paddies of Bali.

Sorry this posting is short and choppy but I feel like I haven't written forever.

Zaijan! April

No comments:

Post a Comment