Thursday 4 September 2008

ahhhhh Bali!

Hello! Greeting from Amed Bali- a remote fishing village on the Northwest side of the island. Life is good!

Upon arrival into Denpasar I didn't think I would have internet access and I actually went the first 4 days thinking I had no access. Well I was wrong I'm sitting on the front porch of my cottage, drinking a glass of sauvignon blanc, listening to the Indian Ocean crash against the beach.

Those of you who don't have facebook don't know but my digital slr broke while I was overnighting in Japan. I almost had a heart attack. I have now decided this situation is teaching me a lesson. Luckily my point and shoot is still good to go.

I have decided that my slr situation is a sign from God that I need to focus on other aspects of my life instead of always looking through a lens.
I've started creating a list of things that I need to do in order to make my next change. I feel it is imminent, but being a TD for life is not one of them.

I love traveling and I love being in foreign countries. It is my passion.

The food here has been fantastic. The people amazing. The artwork here is tremendous.

For the first 4 days I was in Bali we stayed in Ubud. We were pretty much the only 3 staying at this resort. They brought us breakfast to our balcony everyday and gave us a free lift into town. We were in the jungle. With the exception of today we've had spa treatments everyday and we will be going tomorrow while in Amed. There will be snorkeling and fishing in our future as well. Sarah leaves on the 8th, Sil goes to Lombok that day and I haven't decided what I'm doing until the 9th. I may stay here or I may go to Lombok with Sil.

Who knows?! I hate commitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment