Saturday 6 September 2008

The Diet Coke Can

Aiy! I can't believe I left out one of the crazier parts of yesterday's fishing excursion!

So Made is on the boat drinking a Diet Coke, he then passes the can to the fisherman to finish off. The fisherman than proceeds to chuck the DC can into the Indian Ocean, yes folks into the frigging ocean. I flipped out "I was like Noooooooooooo" as the can floated away into the wild blue yonder. I started yelling "that's bad. You are going to kill the fish. No no. Bad!" I was like Made tell him what I said but he wouldn't so I proceeded to rant and rave for a few more minutes hoping he'd get the gist. The fisherman just laughed.

Yesterday I went snorkeling at first by myself, but I freaked out after about 5 minutes and came back in. I wasn't really digging on the fact that I was kicking around and could be eaten by shark and no one would ever know.

So I asked our little German family if I could go with them when they go. Rolf-the dad and Erik the son and I headed down to the beach and jumped in. The coral was amazing and there were tons of fish. It was so cool. Now our Dutch friends pointed out this morning that as soon as the 3 of us got in the water I swam the furthest away and I was the one who didn't want to be by myself. I explained that I didn't need someone arms length from me in the water, I just like knowing that someone was in the vicinity in the water.

This morning I noticed a pain in my back at first I thought it was the bed I've been sleeping in, but then I realized its the knot in my bikini that has been pressing into my back for the past three days as I lounge around the pool. Good thing I'm going to get a massage today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment